Sunday, January 20, 2013

Cigarette Carcinogens


Why are binge drinking or eating more acceptable than an occasional cigarette?
Being a college student I find it ironic that drinking until you puke is considered acceptable yet if I light up a cigarette once every couple of weeks people look at me like I'm killing a baby seal.



Is that not hypocrisy? I know students who will get hammered every single night and people just think "Well, he's in college and just having some fun, no big deal." I know cigarettes have carcinogens, tar, lung-bleeding powders from Satan's colon etc. And yes, developing a regular smoking habit is bad but having one every once in a while cannot be as bad as blacking out because of alcohol or even eating McDonalds all the time which I see affecting a lot more people through diabetes, tumors and hormones.



Is there something I'm missing here or have I gone crazy?
Yes, it's hypocrisy...part of the issue is that binge eating only harms the person eating...and binge drinking only harms the drinker (unless they are operating heavy equipment...like a car)...people see smokers as harming everyone around them, every time they light up, thus they tend to be less desirable to have around than people with other 'vices'...



Smoking tobacco is the most common risk factor for lung cancer. There are over 60 carcinogens in cigarette smoke. Radon or asbestos exposure are ...


CIGARETTE CARCINOGENS