Saturday, December 22, 2012

Harmful Chemicals In Cigarettes


How healthy are American Spirit cigarettes? They are organic and aren't supposed to harm you as much, right?
I am getting tired of my Camel light cigarettes.(although I only smoked 2 so far). I hate its aftertaste and I want to try some real, organic tobacco that doesn't leave a bad taste in your mouth. I heard American Spirits are very healthy and don't contain much harmful chemicals. Is that right?
Best Answer - Chosen by Asker
American Spirit does carry certified organic tobacco but most of the tobacco they sell is not organic but grown with far fewer agricultural chemicals than conventional tobacco. they also do not use the 690+ chemicals all other brands use in curing the tobacco (which range from chocolate to sugar to benzene to extra nicotine). You cn go to their website for the complete list



There are no studies out there that I know of comparing American spirit chemical free tobacco with all the other tobacco that is loaded with chemicals so we cannot say that AS tobacco is healthier for you. But I suspect it is somewhat simply because they do not have the chemicals that other brands have..



I prefer to smoke AS tobacco over any of the national brands, the taste is much cleaner but they do take some getting used to when going from say camel lights to AS lights.



When You Smoke, You Inhale Over 4000 Chemicals / PSA Video. Public domain video. Tobacco smoke has long been recognized as a major cause of ...


HARMFUL CHEMICALS IN CIGARETTES