Saturday, December 15, 2012

The Dangers Of Smoking Cigarettes


Why do people sue tobacco companies over their smoking of cigarettes?
As in, I don't get it. A person smokes cigarettes for years and years, and then sues the cigarette company for making the cigarettes??



This doesn't make sense, so why do judges constantly rule in favor of the victim even though it was the victim's fault?
Best Answer - Chosen by Asker
People don't want to take responsibility for their own actions. I can maybe understand if one started smoking during, say, WWII when the dangers of smoking weren't publicized, but most people already knew smoking was dangerous when they started. What's ironic is that smokers justify their huge settlements by citing medical expenses yet smokers tend to need less medical treatment than non-smokers. We smokers have shorter life spans and tend to die before the bevy of medical ailments that come with old age hit us.



Edit: Sure. I'm kinda hoping for it. Life isn't that great, in my opinion. An overly long life sounds more like a curse than a blessing to me. I may even have committed suicide by now just for curiosity's sake if my religious beliefs didn't deem it a huge sin.



Yep, I'm Christian. My ancestry is German Catholic, but my family stopped being Catholic when mom and dad got a divorce. I think my brother might be full-blown atheist, but I still consider myself "generic Christian."



Read Articles by DJEHUTY MA'AT-RA: goo.gl Products related to this video: Full Body Detox (goo.gl Total Woman Cleanse (bit.ly Total Man ...


THE DANGERS OF SMOKING CIGARETTES