Thursday, December 20, 2012

Camel Cigarettes Advertising History


Is there a ban on cigarette advertising that disallows the actual product to be shown?
I'm writing a paper on Camels advertising history and it's effects, and I swear I had read somewhere that showing the actual product (like a pack of cigarettes) was banned. Except now I can't find it anywhere. Anyone know if it really was banned and if so, where I can read about it?
Best Answer - Chosen by Voters
yes.. in fact I know you have never seen a cigarette tv commercial in your life.. the have been banned since the late 60's and in full effect by 1971.. the laws continued to stiffen even to this current day.. like the gov't cares about ones Health..lol.. In short the Tobacco industry is in part Gov't them self.. Our gov't makes a healthy living working hand and hand with them ..along with the alcohol industry..,,

Bet you never seen a tobacco seed.. that's because the gov't has the industry in their back pocket..

I would change your paper a bit .. go all the way back to G. Washington.. our founding father.. ya he had tabaco on his plantation.. cash crop.. along with that wacky green smoke..



Here is a vintage television commercial for Camel Cigarettes.


CAMEL CIGARETTES ADVERTISING HISTORY