Thursday, February 14, 2013

What Are In Cigarettes


How many cigarettes can I bring back from Portugal?
How many cigarettes can I bring back from Portugal? I am flying with Easyjet and am planning on putting them in my checked-in luggage. What is the limit?
Best Answer - Chosen by Asker
Technically, as many as you wish, given that Portugal is in the EU and the cigarettes are/will be duty paid into Europe. ie, there is no duty due to British Customs when you bring them across the border in to Britain.



In reality, Customs ignore this and set a limit of 400 cigarettes per person and anyone exceeding this and who is unable to prove that they are for 'personal use' and for selling on at a profit is opening themselves for potentially a big fine for tax/duty evasion.



It is a stupid ruling and it is about time somebody challenged it in court, in my opinion.



I hope this helps.



For more fun with Big Tobacco visit www.bigtobaccoblog.blogspot.com Excerpt from a cable documentary on tobacco in America.


WHAT ARE IN CIGARETTES