Monday, December 24, 2012

Allergy To Cigarette Smoke


What are my tenant rights when my apartment smells like cigarette smoke?
I live in a 12 unit apartment building in WNY and my apartment (and everything in it) smells like cigarette smoke! The neighbor under me and next to me both smoke and it comes through the pipes and vents(the building was built in the 1970's). The property manager tells me there is nothing that can be done. Is this true? I have asthma and allergies and this is NOT very fun. Should I al least be able to terminate my lease early?
Best Answer - Chosen by Voters
oh man! if it says there is no smoking allowed than you should write a formal complaint to the landlord. if you moved into those apts being told there were no smokers-he HAS to make them stop and it has been done before. but if it doesnt say anythign about no smoking-youre kinda outa luck. in that case go to your landlord and ask if you can get out of your lease-because you have asthma and didnt realize everyone smokes there. if he has a heart he'll let you leave or maybe care a little more about his apts. good luck



I discuss a few things starting with the hot weather then how I feel about what I said the other day on video about a 2 year old baby who smokes ...


ALLERGY TO CIGARETTE SMOKE